Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: 604 and 604B in original cabinet - how do I sell these?

  1. #11
    Hostboard Member TerryE's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2010
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 and 604B in original cabinet - how do I sell these?

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    I just Love those Cabs Too. :lollipop:


    BTW: Which cabinet has the original 604 ?
    The 604 is in the more art-deco-ish cabinet (first picture on the left, jpg 155).

    I only showed the crossover from the 604B because I hit the limit of 5 images. The 604 has a different crossover (black box with white lettering N-2000-A if I am not mistaken.

    Terry

  2. #12
    HB Super Moderator
    604 and 604B in original cabinet - how do I sell these?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: 604 and 604B in original cabinet - how do I sell these?

    Terry can you link into them from photobucket,Flickr,etc... That's how you can get around the attachment limit.

    Just copy the direct link on photobucket click the insert image link at the top of reply paste the link into the little box that appears.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member bkkthai59's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2011
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 and 604B in original cabinet - how do I sell these?

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryE View Post
    Hi,

    I have 2 Altec Speaker Systems. The first is a 604 (serial number 32, date unknown, but must be 1944, right?) and the second is a 604B (serial number 8495, dated 1950). The cabinets are intact but are have scratches and scruffs. The grills are original. The drivers are pristine and sound great. Both were used in a audio research lab so neither was driven hard.


    How do I sell these things? They are incredibly heavy and I have no idea how to ship them.

    Thanks for an info you can offer.

    Terry
    Hi Terry
    My name is Kim
    I have just one 604 in 605 cabinet just like the one you have 1 picture.
    Love to have the one you have to match a pair.
    If you have not sale it yet.
    Would you let me know how much yo want for it.
    I am locate in Boulder,Colorado 80302

    Thanks
    Kim
    303-564-3092

  4. #14
    Inactive Member bkkthai59's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2011
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 and 604B in original cabinet - how do I sell these?

    Hi Terry
    My name is Kim
    I have just one 604 in 605 cabinet just like the one you have 1 picture.
    Love to have the one you have to match a pair.
    If you have not sale it yet.
    Would you let me know how much yo want for it.
    I am locate in Boulder,Colorado 80302
    You in St Louis,Mo maybe i can drive.

    Thanks
    Kim
    303-564-3092

  5. #15
    HB Super Moderator
    604 and 604B in original cabinet - how do I sell these?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: 604 and 604B in original cabinet - how do I sell these?

    I think Terry has left the building, he hasn't answered PM's or posts since Steve answered his post.

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 604 and 604B in original cabinet - how do I sell these?

    He sold those beauties and took off for Fiji, I reckon.

  7. #17
    Senior Hostboard Member analog addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2007
    Posts
    521
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 and 604B in original cabinet - how do I sell these?

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryE View Post
    Hi,

    I have 2 Altec Speaker Systems. The first is a 604 (serial number 32, date unknown, but must be 1944, right?) and the second is a 604B (serial number 8495, dated 1950). The cabinets are intact but are have scratches and scruffs. The grills are original. The drivers are pristine and sound great. Both were used in a audio research lab so neither was driven hard.


    How do I sell these things? They are incredibly heavy and I have no idea how to ship them.

    Thanks for an info you can offer.

    Terry
    Well, if you are still hanging around, you mind telling us how these artifacts fell into your possession????

    :thankU:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Analog Addict - Jack of all Trades, Master of None
    Searching for Sonic Nirvana...

  8. #18
    Inactive Member bkkthai59's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2011
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 and 604B in original cabinet - how do I sell these?

    Thank you Guys.
    I gonna keep looking for a match.
    It sound grate even just one.

  9. #19
    Hostboard Member TerryE's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2010
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 and 604B in original cabinet - how do I sell these?

    Hi,

    I'm still here, and I still have the speakers. I've been busy with work, and had to deal with a minor medical issue that laid me up for a week, so I haven't had the chance to get good pictures to post to the forum. I hope to do this sometime this month.

    I didn't realize that I had PM's to answer. I'll take care of this tonight.

    I got the speakers at a private silent auction at my wife's place of employment. No one else bid on them! It's kind of a long story, but my wife worked at a private research lab that was sold to a local university. At the time of the sale, the research institute cleared out a lot of "junk", including the speakers.

    I'll try to post pictures soon, but I will be out of town for the next two weeks.

    Terry

  10. #20
    HB Super Moderator
    604 and 604B in original cabinet - how do I sell these?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: 604 and 604B in original cabinet - how do I sell these?

    Thanks for the Heads Up Terry ! I can't believe that they were considered junk.I'm afraid a lot of the Vintage stuff that is irreplaceable ends up this way, unfortunately.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.